An assault or battery may have occurred if the police have used
1) unlawful force or
2) excessive or unreasonable force when arresting or restraining you.
You may claim for mental distress or physical injury.
Example of claims:
– where the police have used handcuffs when it was not necessary
– assaults with police tasers, batons and cs spray
– police dog bite cases
– If your biometric data (fingerprints, DNA and photographs) have been taken and the case against you has been discontinued but they have not been destroyed on your records
– If a police officer threatens to arrest you or restrains you from leaving the scene despite being not lawfully detained
– If a police officer threatens to search you if you do not answer questions
THINK WE CAN HELP YOU?
Contact us to discuss your case in more detail.
CONTACT US HERE